Gbenga Adeyinka The Ist, is one of Nigeria’s foremost comedian who ventured into the comedy business when it was not as lucrative as it is now. Today, he turns 49 and to celebrate with him, we present to you 7 things you probably never knew about the veteran comedian.
1. Gbenga Adeyinka is a multi-award-winning Nigerian actor, comedian, radio and TV presenter, writer, and MC. He hails from Abeokuta in Ogun State and he usually refers to himself as CFR (Comedian of the Federal Republic) and now GCON (Grand Comedian of Nigeria).
2. Gbenga attended University of Lagos, where he studied English.
3. He is married to Mrs Abiola Adeyinka, they have been married for about 21 years; the couple have three children.
4. Gbenga worked as a corporate affairs manager in the engineering firm. He became popular with his shine shine bobo promo for ‘Star Game Show’, he has also anchored Television programmes for AIT, Galaxy TV, MBI, and Africa Magic on DSTV.
5. His main strength is his ability to speak various languages in Nigeria.
6. He is also the first to publish comedy magazine in Nigeria known as Laffmattazz.
7. Gbenga has anchored many wedding programmes and events for the rich and mighty in Nigeria and beyond.