Alexx Ekubo (born Alex Ekubo-Okwaraeke; 10 April 1986) is a Nigerian actor and model. He was first runner up at the 2010 Mr Nigeria contest. He won the Best Actor in a Supporting Role award at the 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards for his role in the Weekend Getaway. Ekubo is a native of Arochukwu, Abia State. He attended the Federal Government College Daura, Katsina State. He studied Law at the University of Calabar and later got a diploma in Mass Communication from Calabar Polytechnic.
Today, we celebrate the Nollywood actor as he adds another year by sharing with you all 10 things you probably did not know about Alexx Ekubo
1. Alexx Ekubo was born as Alex Ekubo-Okwaraeke on 10 April 1986 in Lagos, Nigeria. He attended the Federal Government College Daura in Katsina State.
2. He studied Law at the University of Calabar and later got a diploma in Mass Communications from Calabar Polytechnic.
3. He won the Best Actor in a Supporting Role award at the 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards for his role in the Nigerian romantic drama film, Weekend Getaway.
4. He was first runner up at the 2010 Mr Nigeria contest.
5. Ekubo’s film debut was a minor role in Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen’s Sinners in the House (2005); his first major role was in Ladies Men several years later and since has been featured in many blockbuster films.
6. Alexx is known as ladies’ man because of his goofy and down to earth attitude. He is very playful and never fails to show this side of his especially with his numerous female fans.
7. Alex has been linked to have dated Yemi Alade, Nigerian female singer and recently with a top model known as Fancy Acholonu. These two seems to be keeping their relationship under the radar.
8. He also starred as “Johnny the Lover boy” in Yemi Alade’s music video of her hit single titled “Johnny”.
9. He has worked with prominent entertainment stars like Yvonne Nelson, Rukky Sanda, Yemi Alade, Monalisa Chinda and Uche jumbo to mention a few.
10. Alexx is one of the most sought after actors in the Nollywood industry.