The gorgeous British born Nigerian actress Beverly Naya whose full names are Beverly Ifunaya Bassey was born on 17 April 1989 in London, United Kingdom.
She is the only child to her parents. She broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2010 when she starred in the Nollywood film “Living in Exile” and has ever since been featured in a number of blockbuster Nollywood films. To celebrate her, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the delectable actress.
1. Beverly Naya born as Beverly Ifunaya Bassey on 17 April 1989 in London, United Kingdom. She is the only child to her parents.
2. She began acting at the age of 17, while studying philosophy, psychology and sociology at Brunel University.
3. She also studied script-writing and film-making at Roehampton University.
4. She mentioned in an interview that she relocated to Nigeria because of the rapid growth of Nollywood and the opportunities that it creates for aspiring actors.
5. She mentioned Genevieve Nnaji and Ramsey Nouah as her mentors.
6. She also won the award for Fast Rising Actress at the 2011 City People Entertainment Awards.
7. She also won the Most Promising Talent category at the 2010 Best Of Nollywood Awards.
8. She was nominated for the 2014 ELOY Awards for TV Actress of the Year for her role in the Nigerian series, Tinsel.
9. She also starred in the 2014 Nigerian romantic comedy film titled “When Love Happens” alongside Gideon Okeke and Desmond Elliot.
10. She has worked with prominent entertainment stars like Bukky Wright, Desmond Elliot, Wale Ojo and OC Ukeje to mention a few.