Deyemi Okanlawon is a Nigerian film, television, theatre and voice actor. He has had roles in movies such as Greg Odutayo’s “Beyond Blood” starring Joseph Benjamin and Kehinde Bankole; Pascal Amanfo’s If Tomorrow Never Comes starring Yvonne Nelson, Ishaya Bako’s Road To Yesterday starring Genevieve Nnaji and Majid Michel and Pascal Amanfo’s No Man’s Land starring Adjetey Anang.
1. He is best known for his roles in the TV Series Gidi Up and An African City and featured in Movies, If Tomorrow Comes and Road to Yesterday.
2. He has made cameo appearances in a number of Nigerian music videos including No be You by Waje and Soldier by Falz The Bahd Guy.
3. Okanlawon was born in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria to an Aircraft Engineer father Adeyemi Okanlawon, and Adeyinka Okanlawon a baker and entrepreneur.
4. He had his primary school education at Taikenny Nursery and Primary School in Lagos, and his secondary education at International School, Lagos.
5. He went on to study Chemical Engineering at the University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria.
6. He was former baker and sales and marketing executive
7. He also obtained a Certificate in Acting for Film, from the New York Film Academy.
8. Okanlawon had his first experience with acting at the age of 5, when he featured in an ‘end-of-year’ play while in primary school.
9. At the age of 9, Okanlawon featured in a nationally syndicated Television commercial with Kunle Bantefa.
10. Okanlawon got married in January 2013.On July 10, 2016, Okanlawon and his wife Damilola welcomed their first child.