Eddie Samuel Obong Watson Jr. (born May 22, 1980) is a Liberian-born Ghanaian actor and producer. He received his first Ghanaian Movie Award in 2014 for his film Ebola which he wrote, directed and produced.
As he adds another year, here are 10 things you probably do not know about the birthday boy;
2.Majid Michel suggested Watson to the director, Frank Rajah, for the role of a new character being introduced in the sequel 4Play Reloaded of the already popular 4Play by Venus Films.
3. His supporting role in Frank Rajah’s Somewhere in Africa earned him a nomination at the Nollywood & African Films Critics Awards (NAFCA).
4. The year 2014, was a bitter sweet year for Watson. West Africa and Watson’s home country, Liberia, which was one of the worst affected by the Ebola virus. Watson wrote, produced and directed the short film, Ebola
5. Eddie Watson married his partner of two years, actress Naomi Baaba Watson, in a private ceremony. The couple welcomed their first child, Emirror (Emi) Cassia Watson on February 2, 2015.
6. Eddie Watson’s documentary film “Ebola” was one of his humanitarian efforts after the outbreak hit West Africa in 2014.
8. By 2011 the actor has made his first move into Nollywood when he starred alongside Queen Nwokoye in Desperate Heart.
9. With movies like Single and Married in 2012, House of Gold, Letters to My Mother and Purple Rose in 2013 the actor soon became a house-hold name in African entertainment.
10. The screening of his movie “She Prayed”is said to be the biggest show in all the premieres and all international shows in 2015 in Sierra Leone. The movie banked an impressive 98% hold of its premiere rating.