Ekenedilichukwu Ijemba (born May 14, 1991), better known by his stage name Humblesmith, is a Nigerian afropop recording artist who achieved recognition upon the release of his single titled “Osinachi”. Today being his birthday, here are 10 things you should know about Humblesmith.
1. He first ventured into the entertainment business as an actor, starring in a number of films including Hypertension (2010) with Sam Loco Efe.
2. He is currently signed to N-tyze Entertainment and he made the list of “10 Artists To Watch In 2016” by notJustOk.
3. Originally from Uruala, a town in Ideato North local government area of Imo State, southeastern Nigeria
4. Ekene Ijemba was born on May 14, 1991 into a Catholic family in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
5. While in secondary school, he started dancing and was part of a group called American Boys before he left Ebonyi State for Asaba City, the capital of Delta State, South-Southern Nigeria in order to pursue a career in music.
6. Upon arriving in Asaba City, Humblesmith had to take up menial jobs in order to earn a living.
7. He once hawked Moi-Moi for his mum as a means of livelihood
8. In June 2016, Humblesmith signed a multi-million Naira endorsement deal with noodles manufacturing company Tummy-Tummy Food Industry.
9. His song Osinachi which he featured Davido earned him a nomination spot in the “Best New Act” category at the 2016 edition of the Nigeria Entertainment Awards and was also nominated in the “Hottest Single” category at the same event.
10. In April 2016, he featured Flavour N’abania in a song titled “Jukwese” which enjoyed rotational airplay around the country.