Ini Edo is a Nigerian actress. She began her film career in 2000, and has featured in more than 100 movies since that time. In 2013, she was announced as a judge for the Miss Black Africa Uk Pageant.Due to her philanthropic gestures, the United Nations appointed her as the United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy.
To celebrate her birthday, here are 10 things you probably might not know about Ini;
1. Ini Edo is an Ibibio from Akwa Ibom state in the southeast, not far from Calabar.
2. Her mother was a teacher, and her father a church elder. She had a strict upbringing, the second of four children, three girls, one boy.
3. She graduated from the University of Uyo where she got a Diploma in Theatre Arts. She also completed her bachelor’s degree program at the University of Calabar where she studied English.
4. In 2014 she got a scholarship to study law at National Open University of Nigeria.
5. Her acting career started in 2003 with her debut in Thick Madam. She was discovered by a producer at the audition she attended. Her breakthrough came in 2004 when she acted in World Apart.
6. She has been GLO brand ambassador for ten years from 2006 to 2016. In 2010 she was named to be the brand ambassador of noble hair. Ini edo is brand ambassador of SlimTea Nigeria
7. Ini Edo was appointed The Special Assistant To The Akwa Ibom State Governor on Culture And Tourism, by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel in 2016 and is currently holding the office till date.
8. She has appeared in over 100 films, she is one of the highest-profile actresses in Nigeria and Africa in general
9. Ini Edo recently go divorced but words on the streets are she is married once again but would rather keep it on a low key.
10. Due to her philanthropic gestures, the United Nations appointed her as the United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy.