Sasha P, born Anthonia Yetunde Alabi on 21 May 1983 also known as the First Lady of Nigerian Hip Hop, is a Nigerian female rapper, musician, businesswoman, lawyer and motivational speaker. Today being her birthday, here are 10 things you might not know about Sasha
1. Sasha is a lawyer and a musician and is the last of eight children
2. She was raised by her single mother, an educator, whom she fondly called Sisi Fadekemi, after her father died.
3. She began her musical career as a child in Ibadan and attended the International School Ibadan and the University of Lagos earning a bachelor’s degree in Law.
4. Sasha came into the limelight at a time when there were very few Nigerian women in Hip Hop music. Subsequently, her success helped pave the way for other female rappers and musicians in Nigerian hip hop.
5. She began musical collaborations and was signed on to eLDee’s Trybe records.
6. She was the first ever Nigerian female artist to perform at the 20th anniversary of the World Music Awards in October 2008.
7. As a result of her commitments and glittering performances, she has also shared stages with a host of International acts including Boyz II Men, Dru Hill, Rihanna, Shakira, P. Diddy, John Legend and R. Kelly to name a few.
8. In 2013, Sasha revealed that she was taking a break from the music scene to focus on her fashion business and she hasn’t been back since then.
9. Sasha along with Banky W were the first official ambassadors of Samsung electronics in Nigeria.She was the National Ambassador of the First Nigerian Mobile phone company (Anabel) and has signed endorsement deals with Etisalat. She is also a cultural ambassasor for her home state, Ekiti
10. She established her fashion career as a designer of her own clothing label Eclectic by Sasha launched in August 2012