Its the birthday of the Nollywood actor, Funsho Adeolu and to celebrate him we present to you 7 things you probably don’t know about him.
1. Funsho Adeolu started his movie career in 1976, in a Nollywood English movie titled, ‘Cool red’ he also appeared in one of the most popular TV series in Nigeria in the 1980s – Things Fall Apart, which was written by Professor Chinua Achebe.
2. Funsho has featured mostly in Yoruba movies, but he is one of the few Yoruba actors that finds it easier to act in both Yoruba and English movies.
3. He is married to Victoria Adeolu and he is blessed with 2 boys in 2005.
4. He is one of the few Nollywood actors to be free of scandals.
5. He was born on May 9, 1968 in Ondo State, southwestern Nigeria.
6. Funsho has constantly been credited for Countdown at Kusini, a movie that featured his namesake, late Oba Funsho Adeolu, the Alaaye of Ode Remo (who played Chief Eleyinmi in the old Nigerian Sitcom “The Village Headmaster”). Other Nigerian actor in Countdown at Kusini was Ibidun Allison (Amebo of “The Village Headmaster”). He featured in Heroes and Zeroes, a 2012 Nigerian drama film that stars Akin Lewis, Olu Jacobs and Bimbo Akintola.
7. He is also a Nigerian film actor, director and producer.