Nollywood actress, Kemi Lala-Akindoju is one of the most talented actresses we have in the industry right now. Her passion and drive is what stands her out and has gained her the utmost respect among her colleagues. The zeal to succeed and her sweet soul attracts thousands of fans to her.
Today, March 8 being her birthday, we will like to share few things about the beautiful Miss Kemi Lala-Akindoju
1. Kemi started her acting career in 2005 from stage performance before venturing into feature films. Her first appearance was in the movie “All i want for Christmas”. In 2013, Kemi made her way into the Cinemas acting along side Beverly Naya and OC Ukeje in the movie Alanpoza which was directed by Charles Novia. This movie shot her into limelight.
2. For the first 5 years of her acting career, she placed her focus solely on stage performances. She was part of the team that started Theatre @ Terra – a theatre initiative supported by the cultural centre, Terra Kulture, which is located in Lagos. She was on stage every Sunday back to back for 3 years as part of the Theatre @ Terra project.
3. She has appeared in over 70 stage productions, playing roles such as Amope in Wole Soyinka’s Trials of Brother Jero, Ojuola in Ola Rotimi’s The Gods are not to Blame, Sizwe in Athol Fugard’s Sizwe Bansi is Dead, and Iyaloja in Wole Soyinka’s Death and the King’s Horseman. She also runs The Make It Happen Productions which is a production company targeted at telling African stories through all mediums; especially film, television and stage.
4. She is a member of the faculty at the Lufodo Academy of Performing Arts (LAPA), where she functions as a facilitator and teaches improvisation drama.
5. She produced The V-Monologues in May 2013, worked as the casting director and associate producer with Ndani TV for ‘Gidi Up’ and played the lead role in Tunde Kelani’s Dazzling Mirage. This role got Lala the Trailblazer awards at the AMVCA 2016.