The movie Industry is a wide community filled with several talented people. Today we will be looking at family members who are currently doing so well for themselves individually in the movie Industry. Let’s take a look
1. The Kosokos: These are the families of Veteran actor Jide Kosoko. He was born on January 12, 1954 in Lagos to the Kosoko royal family of Lagos Island. He studied business administration at Yaba College of Technology. He began his acting career as a child actor in 1964 in a television production Makanjuola. He has featured in several Nollywood movies of both English and Yoruba Genres.
However, Jide isn’t the only one thriving in the industry he has 2 of his kids doing really well and once had his late wife Henrietta Kosoko doing great as well. His two daughters Bidemi and Sola Kosoko are both one of the top faces in the Yoruba sector of the industry.
Jide and Bidemi Kosoko
Jide Kosko and Sola Kosoko
2. The Adebayos: Adebayo Salami is a popularly known by his stage name Oga Bello, is a veteran Nigerian actor, filmmaker, movie producer and director. He began his acting career in 1964 with a group called Young Concert Party, under the leadership of Ojo Ladipo, popularly known as Baba Mero. After a few years, the group changed its name to Ojo Ladipo Theatre Group, and later metamorphosed into Awada Kerikeri Theatre Group. Following the demise of Ojo Ladipo in 1978, Salami took the mantle of leadership of the group, which brought him into the limelight. He featured in the first Yoruba film, Ajani Ogun, in which the late Adeyemi Afolayan, the father of Kunle Afolayan and Gabriel Afolayan, plays the lead role.
However just like the Kosoko’s Adebayo Salami isn’t the only one in the movie industry. He has several of his sons acting and behind the scene as well. Meet them
– Femi Adebayo: Femi is a talented actor is his currently on top of his game in the movie Industry
– Sadiq Adebayo is another fantastic actor. He appears on screen once in a while but he is mostly a location manager
– Tope Adebayo a ace movie director and actor who also is making a name for himself
– Ridwan Adebayo is an intelligent video Editor
3. The Afolayans: The Afolayans are no doubt one of the very popular names in the industry. Back in the days, we had their father Adelove taking over the Yoruba Industry and today, his sons are doing just that. Adeyemi Afolayan was a Nigerian film actor, director and producer. He is the brother of actress Toyin Afolayan (Known as Lola Idije) as well as father to film actors, Kunle Afolayan, Gabriel Afolayan, Moji Afolayan and Aremu Afolayan.
-Kunle Afolayan: Kunle Afolayan is a Nigerian actor and film producer and director. Since 2005 he has been active in the Nigerian film industry. He has made several extremely popular titles including: The Figurine: Araromire which was in the Yoruba and English languages and Phone Swap which featured Wale Ojo, Joke Silva, Nse Ikpe Etim and the legendary Chika Okpala. The Figurine won five major awards in the African Film Academy and experienced tremendous success in the Nigerian movie theaters.
– Gabriel Afolayan: Gabriel Afolayan, also known by his musical stage name G-Fresh, is a Nigerian actor and singer. He studied Theater Arts at University of Ibadan. As an actor, he won the Best Supporting Actor award for playing “Tavier Jambari” in Hoodrush (2012). As a musician, he is known mostly for “Awelewa” and “Kokoro Ife”. In an interview with The Punch, he described his musical genre as “Love ballad”. Afolayan’s acting debut was in F Opawon by Baba Sala. In an interview with Nigerian Tribune, he stated that his music career started in 1997, while he was part of a group in Ibadan. He also stated that he has always been part of the choir. He has cited 2face, Banky W., Aṣa and Bez as influences
– Aremu Afolayan: Aremu Afolayan is a Nigerian film actor and the brother of Kunle Afolayan, a Nigerian veteran film actor and award-winning director.
– Moji Afolayan: Moji Afolayan is a Nigerian actress, film-maker, producer and director. She was born in an acting family, the first daughter of the late veteran actor and producer Ade Love who is also the father of the Kunle Afolayan and Gabriel Afolayan.
Toyin Afolayan– Toyin Afolayan popularly known as Lola Idije is a Nigerian film actress and aunt to Nigerian film actor Kunle Afolayan. She shot into limelight after starring as Madam Adisa in a 1995 film titled Deadly Affair.