Are you a novel lover?
If you are part of the reading gang, there are things only you and fellow book lovers can understand. Here they are:
1. You hate it when people borrow your novels then fail to return them.
2. And so you’ve blacklisted people who your books aren’t allowed within ten feet of them.
3. You love that tantalising smell of a new book.
4. And you can make do with e-books sometimes
5. You’ve mastered the sport of reading while doing other things like eating or walking with minimal casualties.
6. You feel bad when you’re halfway through a book and realise it’s horrible.
7. You’re one of the easiest people to buy gifts for because all you want are books. All the books.
8. You look forward to those free days as the perfect occasion to curl up and read.
9. Sometimes you promise yourself that you’ll only read one more page and then stay up all night to finish the book.
10. You when you meet someone and they say they love books too
11. When you’re reading a book and it’s happening the way you want it to go
12. Keeping your notebook close by when you’re reading so you can jot down inspiring quotes.
13. You have referred to books in real life situations while talking to people (and got weird looks in return).
14. You always have to check out the book section while shopping in a supermarket, even if you are not going to buy any.
15. When your favourite author has a new book
16. You don’t know how to respond to the “What is your favourite book?” question because there are so many.
17. When you hear your favourite book is having a movie adaptation
18. And how you keep praying for them not to ruin it?